Wednesday, August 26, 2020

MARCH 18, 2020




DAY 1 “Working from Home"
Set alarm for 7.20am, just because…. Woo hoo, a lie-in.
Get up, have shower.
Try to decide whether to wear ‘nice’ clothes or comfy clothes. Mix and match. Decide on Nice Top in case, you know, video chat, and then leggings. Even manage to put on mascara.
Make cup of tea. Take dog out for quick walk.
Commute from the bedroom to the kitchen table, 5.2 seconds. I am still late for work.
Fire up computer and see about 8 messages from my team who were obviously on time for work.
Check lots of emails that have mysteriously appeared overnight, then remember that my manager was working the evening shift due to having babies at home who do not comply with 9-5 office hours.
Eat Weetabix at desk. Start replying to emails.
Make a cup of tea, and move laundry into dryer while kettle is boiling.
Use the dog under my feet as an impromptu pair of heated slippers.
Update some documents.
Fart about with Settings on laptop, where font is too small and the clock is 2 hours and 22 minutes ahead of me.
Random thought - through rations and portion control, and walking dog 3 times a day, I could lose weight while working from home. Devour a bag of chocolate mini eggs.
Steal the kitchen clock from wall and place on table beside computer because I cannot fix Settings on laptop and am paranoid I might miss the Team meeting at 1pm, even though it’s only 9.40am. However, the clock ‘ticks’ and is annoying me already.
Comfort Daughter Number Two (who is 20 by the way) who emerges from her bedroom and is sick. Not corona sick you understand, just pukey sick. Nice. Dog runs to sofa, for as many cuddles as possible, from anyone willing to partake.
Answer some emails. Turn up heating because the house does not know I am here and goes cold.
Is it lunchtime yet? No – it is 10.45. Oh dear. Make another cup of tea.
Read lots of documents. It must be lunchtime by now. Diet not going well. Try again tomorrow.
Take dog around the block.
Team meeting at 1pm and how lovely to see my gang on video. Try to sort out what a new normal might look like. Abnormal.
Make lists, try to find something suitable to use as a mouse mat. Not successful. Might need to go to Staples.
Put on heated dog-shaped slippers again – these are fun.
Answer a few more emails and desperately try to keep up with all the little red notifications on Microsoft Teams. Get confused.
Decide I don’t like where I have set up my office and will need to re-think the position and layout tomorrow. Especially as husband will be on night shifts and apparently I talk loudly on video. Must notify dog of new office location though.
Clock off just after 4.30pm and commute back to kitchen where I can make supper, like, on time. This beats getting home pooped at 5.45pm. Still answer lots of Team ‘pings’ during evening.
Take dog for 3rd trip around the block – she is as confused as my Fitbit. Weight loss - +1lb.

#WFH, #WorkingFromHome

No comments:

Post a Comment