Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pay attention to your surroundings!

This is posted near Moraine Lake 
(Banff National Park), Alberta.
I had never seen this particular sign before 
- but if I wanted company on my hike, 
this "cute" fella wouldn't be my first choice!

So - to calm your nerves, 
here are some pretty scenery pictures instead.
I've posted about Moraine Lake before, 
but it's such a lovely drive.  We have family visiting from the UK, so this is an obligatory day out.
Castle Mountain, as seen from Highway 1.
And this little tree made me laugh 
- gotta love it's determination for choosing this slab of rock upon which to place its faith for life.

It seems to be doing remarkably well!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to go (gentle) hiking in the mountain parks but I'm too scared of encountering a bear or cougar. So I don't go on any hiking trails. Better safe than sorry, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rockies are looking wonderful for your visitors, but I love that little tree on the rock. I sure hope it survives somehow.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious place!
    I love the sign - what happens if you arrive and are told it is mandatory to travel in a group and there's only one of you??

    ReplyDelete